Sunday, January 29, 2012

Perspective

Earth And Moon From Mercury, MESSENGER, acquired May 6, 2010  Credit: NASA/JHU APL/CIW

I've had a stressful couple of days.  I've had a couple consecutive late nights and (probably due to lack of sleep) started feeling pretty ill Friday night.  Bills are coming in daily -- the collection calls seem to be coming in hourly -- and I still have no money with which to pay them.  And now I've been told by someone I care a great deal about that my friendship is "just stress that [I'd] rather avoid"...Ouch.  Admittedly, I spent yesterday either on the couch or my bed watching TV, replaying every aspect of our relationship, and feeling sorry for myself.  I know, not very productive.

Then, this morning I saw this photograph posted by Earth on Google+ and it sort of comforted me.  Not sure why this image in particular did the job -- maybe it was just the timing and the fact that I hadn't seen it before.  I knew already that my problems, overwhelming as they may seem on a daily basis, aren't even a blip on the radar, but something about seeing the proof of it is nice.

And yes, I have looked at job listings on Craigslist and I plan to apply and distribute resumes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment