I ended up making the first batch just a bit more crumbly than I wanted, but I couldn't resist making another batch -- seriously, they were yummy! -- so I tweaked them then.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Adapted from the Joy Of Cooking's peanut butter cookie recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup, packed, brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy because that's what I had, but use what you like)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375, or 350 if using convection.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, so you don't end up with flour all over you.
- Add milk. Mix until well blended.
- Add chips.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet -- I used a cookie scoop but rounded tablespoonfuls would probably be about the same. No need to flatten, as with traditional peanut butter cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let stand briefly, then remove to a rack to cool.