Saturday, April 21, 2012

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm slow about actually posting things.  If you didn't know this about me already, you should make a note of it now.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I asked my neighbor (who happens to be an accountant) for some help sorting out my taxes.  The Turbo Tax program was telling me I owed money but I was pretty sure that wasn't right.  Sure enough, my neighbor got me sorted out and told me what form I needed to fill out and submit for everything to work out properly.  She, being the very sweet lady that she is, didn't charge me anything.  So I decided to bake her some cookies.  I figured she could use a sugar rush to get through crunch time anyway.  This was just before Easter weekend.  I'm not sure why, but I had a craving for peanut butter cookies, it just seemed like Easter cookies to me for whatever reason, but not the typical ones -- I wanted something new.  I don't know how or why, but I though of white chocolate chips.  I don't know how my brain works most of the time either, don't worry.  But out of nowhere, my new favorite cookie was born!

I ended up making the first batch just a bit more crumbly than I wanted, but I couldn't resist making another batch -- seriously, they were yummy! -- so I tweaked them then.

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Adapted from the Joy Of Cooking's peanut butter cookie recipe)

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup, packed, brown sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy because that's what I had, but use what you like)
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375, or 350 if using convection.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars.
  4. Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla.
  5. Slowly add dry ingredients, so you don't end up with flour all over you.
  6. Add milk.  Mix until well blended.
  7. Add chips.
  8. Scoop onto cookie sheet -- I used a cookie scoop but rounded tablespoonfuls would probably be about the same.  No need to flatten, as with traditional peanut butter cookies.
  9. Bake 10-12 minutes.
  10. Let stand briefly, then remove to a rack to cool.
  11. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment